Job Duties and Tasks for: “Housekeeping Supervisor”
1) Housekeeping Supervisor Assigns workers their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
2) Housekeeping Supervisor Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
3)Housekeeping Supervisor Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
4) Housekeeping Supervisor Coordinates work activities among departments.
5) Housekeeping Supervisor Conducts orientation training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
6)Housekeeping Supervisor Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
7) Housekeeping Supervisor Evaluates records to forecast department personnel requirements.
8) Housekeeping Supervisor Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
9) Housekeeping Supervisor Prepares reports concerning room occupancy, payroll, and department expenses.
11) Housekeeping Supervisor Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage.
12) Housekeeping Supervisor Examines building to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and
makes recommendations to management.
13) Attends staff meetings to discuss company policies and patrons’ complaints.
14) Issues supplies and equipment to workers.
15) Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff.
16) Advises manager, desk clerk, or admitting personnel of rooms ready for occupancy.
17) Records data regarding work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports.